I hope this post finds you all well and enjoying the wonderful season of Christmas and New Years with family and friends! I have been taking time off from teaching and blogging to recuperate from a bout of flu and cough. In fact, it actually took me more than 2 weeks to fully recover. I am fully recharged now and back in gear, ready for a Brand New Year ahead! I have some projects underway for the New Year, and can't wait to get my students involved.
The middle of 2010 was a great year,there were many activities in the studio, with the concert attendance at the Esplanade, the Crossword puzzles of Musical terms, and our year end Christmas Piano Competition.
The Theory results for October candidates were out just before Christmas. Congratulations to all my students who scored Distinctions and Merits! Good job guys!! Strive on!!
The New Year is always a good time to re-evaluate and set attainable goals. So what are your goals for 2011? If you are a teacher, what will you hope to achieve in the coming year? Perhaps you might start off with these few ideas for brainstorming?
- improve better communication with parents/students?
- improve your studio business?
- focus on technique?
- motivate students to practice?
- gain 10 more students?
- get organised?
- tailor lessons more to each students' individual needs?
What about you who are music students? What are your goals for 2011?
- to practice my instrument at least 45 minutes everyday?
- to begin my practice with finger exercises?
- to learn a new music piece every week?
- to read the lives of famous composers and musicians to be inspired?
- to attend at least 4 concert performance this year?
- to remind yourself that learning music is an enjoyable experience?
Whatever your resolutions are, I hope you will stick to them and make a change for the New Year! New hopes and new dreams. May you reach your goals this year, with determination and experience a sense of achievement this year!
Here is to a good year for all of you! Peace, Happiness, Much Laughter and Joy, Success and Good Health!!